Tuesday, May 8, 2012


The Light at the End of the Tunnel...

We are anxiously waiting for May 18th, as this is the day my husband completes his last exam to finalize his 2nd year of medical school!  Yay and it so happens to be my brother’s birthday as well J Not that we are just sitting idly around wishing time to fly by, oh we have lots going on, as most people do lately. That is how life goes now and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

I must say that I am glad to have the month of April over with!  It was filled with flu bugs, a  lice infestation,  a fainting episode,   preparing our home for the market , having a man take out his road rage at me….agh the list goes on. You know how you just have one of those days? I had one of those months.  

I took my oldest daughter out for a shopping spree and dinner for her 11th birthday celebration last week. We had so much fun! It’s so nice to get time one on one with her, we try to do this with our daughters as it gives you a chance to really enjoy each other.  We made our way to the mall and got some great outfits for her and then headed to the Wok Box for a late supper. We opened our fortune cookies and my daughter’s was “You will be successful in whatever you do.” I love that and this is so true, I am so proud of her and her accomplishments already but lookout world she has so much more to offer.  My fortune was a little unsettling “Be prepared to modify your plan.” Eek! 

We just listed our home and made the final decision to move back to Fredericton. I am really hoping this works out for us.  It’s been a great 2 years living here and we’ve met some wonderful friends and I’d highly recommend this lovely town to anyone but home is where the heart is and I miss it so much. I miss my family, my neighbourhood and friends, the familiarity of everything etc.  We spent many years making Fredericton our home and I hope we can ease back into it again.  I know that we will stay in touch with the close friends we’ve made here and I’m positive our girls will keep in touch with their sweet friends as well.  It will be OK. Who knows what is really in store for us? Some things are not 100% in our control and it is tough managing through that sometimes.

I am running a 10KM race on Mother’s Day with my Dad (and some of my running buddies will be there as well). Last week my hip gave out and I’ve been in pain ever since. For now I’m just going to keep at it and hope for the best. 

Hoping for a happy month of May filled with fun times!!  
Happy Mother’s Day to all the wonderful Moms out there!!!

1 comment:

  1. Christie has a tatoo that says " This too shall pass" Good or bad , things do change and we make adjustments. Looking forward to having all of you nearer again.

    ReplyDelete