Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

We just got back from visiting our families over the Thanskgiving weekend. We spent 5 days at my parents home. We had a lovely time and enjoyed every minute of it. Lots of time spent outdoors and some special visits with grandparents, and I even got out for a run with my old running buddies! Time spent with family and friends now seems to be even more special than when we lived just minutes away. Does distance give us more appreciation of what we have? Or is it that we know our time is limited so we savor the moments more? I’m not really sure what the answer is but whatever the reason, we all seem to have a greater appreciation of our visits now.

This week the full schedule is kicking into high gear with the extracurricular activities all starting up. The kids have gymnastics and basketball practices, plus games on the weekends now. I will be coaching our oldest daughter’s basketball team this year and am really looking forward to it. I have two assistant coaches, so it should be great for the girls and me. My husband’s study schedule is ramping up and he’s pretty much in study mode from dawn to dawn! I have yet to get working (well the paying kind anyway) I’ve been plenty busy but really am looking forward to getting employed!

No comments:

Post a Comment